28 Nov Chorizo with Prawn
This is an oldie but definitely a goody! Really impressive when you’re having a Tapas Night.
- 2 large chorizos, take the skin off, then thinly slice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 – 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg green prawns, peeled but leave tails intact if you can
- ½ cup of fresh parsley, chopped, juice of ½ – 1 lemon and lemon wedges, to serve
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starting to crisp, this took us about 4 minutes. Transfer the chorizo to a plate.
Reduce heat to low. Add the oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the prawns and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until the prawns curl and change colour. Add the chorizo and parsley to the pan and stir to combine.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with lemon wedges.